GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Summer decorations permitted from April 15th to October 15th. Summer decorations consist of flower arrangements ONLY, real or artificial, in an acceptable container, urn, vase, pot or as a stone saddle. No wreaths permitted during this period. Acceptable containers are to be traditional style and must be harmonious with other containers, urns vases or pots within the section(s) of the cemetery. Discretion of acceptable containers lies with the cemetery. Prior approval is recommended.
2. Winter decorations permitted from November 15th to March 15th. Winter decorations consist of wreaths ONLY on easels or monument hanger.
3. Maximum of two decorations per plot. All decorations to be placed to the side of the headstone.
4. No decorations are permitted at the columbaria. However, fresh cut flowers are permitted to be placed at the base of columbaria.
5. No easels permitted from March 15th to November 15th.
6. The period from March 15th to April 15th and October 15th to November 15th is used by the cemetery to clean up the grounds. Please refrain from placing decorations during these periods.
7. No wooden crosses, statues, shepherd hooks, votive lights, toys, novelties, pictures, trinkets or similar items are permitted. Only items that are consistent with the summer and winter decoration rules are permitted. All others will be removed.
8. No digging or planting in the ground. No decorations stuck in the ground.
9. The Cemetery reserves the right to remove all flowers, wreaths or other decorations from lots as soon as they become unsightly.
10. The placing of glass blocks or vases as receptacles for flowers, either natural or artificial, on graves or plots, is prohibited. No glass or breakable containers permitted.
11. No pets allowed outside of vehicles.
12. American or service flags are allowed placed in pots where feasible. Flags shall not exceed 12” x 18” in size. Flags that become tattered and unsightly will be removed.
13. The Cemetery reserves the right to restrict the planting of shrubs and trees, and to remove any shrub or tree deemed dangerous to the public. Potted trees, bushes, or shrubs in the cemetery are prohibited.
14. No copings, fences, hedges or other enclosures shall be permitted upon any lot or part thereof.
15. All work done in the cemetery shall be done by cemetery employees or under the control of the Superintendent or the Board of Trustees.
16. All visitors are requested to be quiet, orderly and respectful of the cemetery, its employees and other visitors.
17. All persons shall be allowed access to the cemetery during daylight hours, observing the rules, which are in effect and the propriety due the cemetery. Admittance is not permitted after dark.
18. Automobiles must keep on roads at all times, no driving on lawn permitted.
19. Speed limit is 15 mph.
20. Persons under the age of 16 are to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
21. All visitors entering the cemetery do so at their own risk.
This information has been prepared and approved by the Cemetery Board of Trustees to illustrate the rules for the placement of decorations and general rules of the cemetery. These are designed for the protection of all lot owners and provide for a uniformity that will help develop the beauty of the cemetery and not infringe on the rights of other lot owners.
The cemetery has tried to establish the fairest set of rules for all situations and earnestly tries to enforce them uniformly. They are not in any way intended to restrain unduly but rather to define an orderly plan of planting, care and maintenance.
Cooperation in complying with these rules will go a long way to preserve the beauty and dignity of Woodlawn Cemetery.